MBK Mind+Body Wellness
The MBK Mind+Body Wellness program at Island House Assisted Living is founded upon basic principles. We believe that the mind-body connection is the key to supporting health and wellness. By merging the interests of our residents with the latest research, we create a calendar of events that stimulates the mind, strengthens the body, and encourages emotional health. Residents of our Mercer Island, WA, Assisted Living apartment homes are invited to participate in all of our engaging classes, events, and outings. Each activity on our calendar is crafted with the needs of our residents in mind. The MBK Mind+Body Wellness philosophy states that:
- We are here to establish relationship-based care, which means creating positive relationships where we know our residents not just as people but as individuals.
- We are here to help our residents on their journey to emotional and physical wellness.
- We are to be mindful and present so our residents can experience pure joy in life with meaning and a sense of purpose every day.
With a mindful and attentive approach, our professionals deliver exceptional care, support, and service to each of our residents every day.
What Makes Us Unique
Our programming is focused on more than simply keeping busy or passing time. We consider the individual needs of our residents at Island House Assisted Living. With activities ranging from physical fitness to intellectual pursuits, our calendar spans a range of interests, passions, and needs. To help each resident participate, we focus on the Six Dimensions of Wellness. We use an array of techniques to help people get involved including:
- Accommodation of Needs – MBK Mind+Body Wellness always offers an Accommodation of Needs so that every resident, no matter their care level or cognitive ability, can take part. We’ll even provide in-room programming so activities can come to you when you need it.
- Empowerment Activities – Our Empowerment Activities give residents a voice and an outlet for self-expression, whether you’d like to join our resident council or dining committee.
- Life Enrichment Programs – Life Enrichment programs engage the mind by connecting residents to the present and reminding them of the past, whether they’re interested in our Lifelong Learning ongoing education courses, or our Life Review offerings designed to stimulate recall.
Do you want to experience our events firsthand? Give us a call today to set up your personalized visit of our Mercer Island, WA, senior living community.
Our Calendar of Events
Explore our entire calendar of phenomenal events, activities, and outings. From pet visits to board games, chair aerobics to happy hour, our calendar offers events to appeal to a variety of interests. Highlights include:
Active Mind/Active Spirit
- Knit Wits
- Live Music
- Pet Visits
- Sports Watch Parties
- T.G.I.F. Happy Hour
- Movie Nights
- TED Talk Debates
- Board Games
- Lifelong Learning Classes
- Library Visits
- Stretch & Tone
- Core & Stability
- Tai Chi
- Chair Aerobics
You can trust the professionals at Island House Assisted Living to create a supportive and engaging culture every day. Get in touch with our staff today to learn more about senior living in Mercer Island, WA.