MBK Mind+Body Wellness
We believe in the mind-body connection at Seven Lakes Memory Care. To best support the needs of our residents, we offer MBK Mind+Body Wellness, our resident wellness and enrichment program. The program provides engaging activities and classes to encourage mental health, physical wellness, and spiritual connection. Relying upon the latest research in memory loss, the MBK Mind+Body Wellness calendar is carefully calibrated to strengthen the connection between the mind, the body, and the spirit. To ensure the best possible outcomes for our residents, Seven Lakes Memory Care customizes the calendar to suit the needs and interests of our community. Because our ideology is centered on the physical, spiritual, intellectual, and social wellness of our residents. Highlights of the MBK Mind+Body Wellness philosophy include:
- We are here to establish relationship-based care and foster positive relationships where we know our residents not just as people but as individuals.
- We are here to help our residents on their journey to emotional health and physical wellness.
- We are to be mindful and present so our residents can experience pure joy in life with meaning and a sense of purpose every day.
Thoughtful Activities, Quality Care
The care activities at Seven Lakes Memory Care are more than just fun or a way to pass the time. Our calendar contributes to the feeling of community that sets us apart from other senior living communities. Each of our residents brings something unique to the table and we take that into consideration when developing activities. Each MBK Mind+Body Wellness activity is developed around the Six Dimensions of Wellness. We support the wellbeing of our residents through:
- Accommodation of Need – We ensure everyone can participate in MBK Mind+Body Wellness programming with an Accommodation of Needs customized to skill and cognitive ability. Our professional care team will even bring activities to residents in their apartments, so everyone can take part.
- Empowerment Activities – The Empowerment Activities revolve around self-expression and creating opportunities for residents to get involved in everything from birthday planning to dining committees.
- Life Enrichment Programs – Designed to help residents connect to the present moment, the Life Enrichment programs can stimulate the mind through Lifelong Learning courses. We even offer Life Review programming to assist with memory recall.
The best way to learn about our MBK Mind+Body Wellness program is to drop in for a visit. Get in touch with our care team today to schedule a visit and check out some of our classes in person.
Calendar of Events
The calendar at Seven Lakes Memory Care is brimming with engaging activities and opportunities. Combining the latest in Memory Care research with the interests and needs of our residents, we customize a calendar every month to stimulate the mind, engage the body, and encourage the spirit. Residents can choose to enjoy favorite activities and discover new ones.
Active Mind/Active Spirit
- Movie Night
- Music Therapy
- Drama Club
- Coloring Club
- Broncos Watch Parties
- Hot Topics Discussion
- Lifelong Learning Courses
- Jeopardy Trivia
- Bible Study
- Poetry Night
- Morning Stretch
- Movin’ & Groovin’
- Sit & Be Fit
- Hearts & Horses
- Sunday Stroll
Check out this month’s calendar to see what we’re up to at Seven Lakes Memory Care.