MBK Mind+Body Wellness
At MBK, we enthusiastically embrace the concept that a strong body supports a strong and agile mind. Our MBK Mind+Body Wellness program embodies our holistic approach to wellbeing with an engaging calendar of inviting activities and compelling events. Residents can choose to participate in the classes and happenings that best speak to them, from morning yoga and an afternoon hike, to art class and a rehearsal with our resident choir. Our monthly lineup is a thoughtful reflection of extensive scientific research, ongoing training from our Home Office, and the interests and passions of residents themselves. Each day brings diverse and engaging opportunities that address physical fitness, spiritual growth, social interaction, and intellectual acuity, and honor the following commitments:
- We are here to establish relationship-based care which means creating positive relationships where we know our residents not just as people but as individuals.
- We are here to help our residents on their journey to emotional and physical wellness.
- We are to be mindful and present so that our residents can experience pure joy in life with meaning and a sense of purpose every day.
As a team, we stay attentive to the needs and wishes of our independent living residents so that they may follow the path that is most rewarding for them.
The MBK Difference
With MBK Mind+Body Wellness, every outing and each activity is chosen and added to the calendar to offer an opportunity to build and maintain strength, practice relaxation, explore the world of the mind, or provide a space to delight in the company of friends and family. Events encompass the Six Dimensions of Wellness to promote wellbeing in body, mind, and spirit:
- Accommodation of Needs – MBK Mind+Body Wellness always offers an Accommodation of Needs so that every resident, no matter their care level or cognitive ability, can take part as they wish. We even provide in-room programming, bringing activities to you if you need it.
- Empowerment Activities – Our Empowerment Activities give residents a voice and an outlet for self-expression through opportunities such as our resident council and dining committee.
- Life Enrichment Programs – Life Enrichment programs engage the mind by connecting residents to the present and reminding them of the past, with programming including our Lifelong Learning ongoing education courses and our Life Review offerings, which help encourage recall.
Visit us to participate in an activity and join in on the fun at The Firs. Contact us for a tour of premier Independent Living in Olympia, WA.
Our Calendar of Events
The monthly MBK Mind+Body Wellness calendar at The Firs overflows with an abundance of opportunities to spend quality time with friends, learn a new skill, practice a hobby, or explore the greater community. Stay fit in body, mind, and spirit in an environment that encourages you to be your best, most energetic self.
Creative Mind/Active Spirit
- Drama Club
- Stitch & Chat
- The Firs Choir
- Sports Talk
- Bible Study
- TED Talks & Discussions
- Teatime & Stories
- The Great Courses
- Art Class
- Shanghai Rummy
- Exercise Classes
- Yoga for Seniors
- Shopping & Dining Outings
- Health Checks
- NW Trek Wildlife Park