Memory Care in Litchfield Park, Arizona - Connections for Living by MBK
At MBK Senior Living, we believe that Alzheimer’s and dementia affect the entire family, not only the individual who is diagnosed with the disease. It is important that families and friends stay connected to their loved ones, that each resident feels connected to the world, and that our associates create connections with everyone they serve on a daily basis.
Our connection begins during an in-depth interview with the Connections for Living (CFL) resident and their family, during which we learn about the resident's life history, preferences, needs, and passions. This information is then shared with all the associates who interact with the resident so we can stay connected even when the resident may not be able to clearly communicate their needs. We continue connecting throughout the day by recognizing that behavior equals communication. We validate the resident's reality, further helping them to feel engaged and secure. Our CFL associates are specially trained in the Connections for Living care and interaction processes. They are also involved in monthly team development and feedback sessions.
The various programs and services within our Connections for Living neighborhood are specifically designed to support quality of life for our residents. These include everything from the color and set up of the dining tables to the daily enrichment activities and the structured environment with way-finding queues, inspiration stations, and sensory adaptations – as well as secure outside walking and activity spaces.
Finally, we support resident families and friends through the TLC program – Teaching, Learning & Connecting. This begins with a family orientation upon move-in and continues with regular family nights, volunteer opportunities, information sessions, and resources and ongoing communication about their loved one’s experiences at the community. Most of our communities either host on-site meetings or provide referrals for family support groups as well.
Our Connections for Living services include:
- Private Connections for Living suites
- 24 hour professionally trained caregivers
- Secure home-like environment
- Daily, weekly, and monthly activities to promote physical wellness, social/family engagement, sensory stimulation, and personal reminiscence
- Inspiration stations and baskets
Assistance with Activities of Daily Living, including:
- Dressing & grooming
- Bathroom assistance
- Assistance with meals and snacks
- Escort to activities and meals
- On-site pharmacy services
- Housekeeping, personal laundry, and linen service
- Healthy chef-prepared cuisine in community dining room
- Snacks and beverages always available
- Emergency alert response system
- And more