When you’re exploring your senior living options the choices can seem overwhelming – especially when you intend for your next move to support potential long-term care needs. Without knowing for certain what those needs may be, how can you determine which community is best for you?
At MBK Senior Living, we suggest you start with how the community will support the lifestyle you live now – and what care they offer residents as needs grow and change.
The following are some questions to consider as you explore your senior living options:
- Does the community offer a choice of floor plans and residence styles that appeals to you, such as an apartment or villa?
- What services (housekeeping, laundry services, maintenance, etc.) are included in the monthly fee?
- What activities and amenities are provided that support your lifestyle?
- Do you have the freedom to create your own schedule day-to-day?
- Are the activities you enjoy supported on the community’s activity calendar?
- Does the dining room offer a diverse and well-rounded menu including options that support your dietary needs?
- What on-site health and wellness services are offered?
- Do they have a full continuum of care that will allow you to “age in place?”
- Do they offer personalized care options or partner with outside agencies to support residents’ needs?
You’ll find asking these questions not only help clarify what is most important to you, what community can best match your immediate desires, and how the community will support long-term needs.
We invite you to tour one of our 22 senior living communities and put these questions to the test. While each of our communities is characteristically different, what you’ll find in every one is an environment aimed at elevating your quality of life and providing personalized care that makes you feel right home. Click on the following link to find a community near you. http://www.mbkseniorliving.com/our-communities