Research shows that a strong connection between the mind and body is the key to long-lasting health and wellness. At Northgate Plaza, we make it our mission to put that into practice through the MBKonnection program. As part of the program, we create a calendar that features an incredible selection of activities, lectures, classes, and outings all designed to strengthen that bond. Our staff undergoes frequent training sessions to ensure we are working with the most cutting-edge research when creating our calendar of events. With classes geared toward physical fitness, spiritual health, emotional wellbeing, and social engagement, our community is committed to making every day meaningful. In addition, our staff asks for input from our residents so that our events and classes appeal to the interests of our community members. Our MBKonnection philosophy is based on the following beliefs:
- We are here to establish relationship-based care, which means creating positive relationships where we know our residents not just as people but as individuals.
- We are here to help our residents on their journey to emotional and physical wellness.
- We are to be mindful and present so our residents can experience pure joy in life with meaning and a sense of purpose every day.
Above & Beyond
Our calendar of events is about so much more than simply staying busy. At Northgate Plaza, we put a lot of thought and care into each event and activity we offer. Combining the latest in senior care research with the desires and interests of our residents, we put together a calendar of activities that inspire. Each activity is meant to be not only engaging but help our residents on their health and wellness journey. We base our calendar on the Six Dimensions of Wellness, which include:
- Accommodation of Needs – Every resident can count on Accommodation of Needs through MBKonnection. Our professional team will work with each individual to make classes and activities available at their cognitive and skill level. We even offer in-room programming as needed.
- Empowerment Activities – We want each of our residents to feel a sense of belonging and purpose. Our Empowerment Activities allow residents to have a say in their community by joining groups such as the resident council and dining committee.
- Life Enrichment Programs – Residents can enjoy their interests and spark new ones through our Life Enrichment Programs. We offer Lifelong Learning courses on a variety of topics as well as Life Review programming to assist with memory recall.
Do you want to learn more? Get in touch with the team at Northgate Plaza today and schedule a time to stop by and experience our classes in person.
Our Calendar of Events
We update our calendar every month with a new collection of fun activities, intellectually stimulating lectures, and incredible outings. You can choose the events you know you will love and try new activities on for size. Make the most of your day and embrace all we have to offer at Northgate Plaza. Selections include:
Active Mind/Active Spirit
- Knitting Circle
- Singing Group
- Adult Coloring
- Community Trivia
- Cooking Classes
- Catholic Mass
- Lifelong Learning
- Book Club
- Stretch & Flex
- Cardio Friday
- Wii Bowling
- Fitness Classes
- Walking Group
Welcome to Northgate Plaza. To learn more about our MBKonnection program, get in touch with us today to schedule your tour of our Seattle, WA, senior living community.