MBK Mind+Body Wellness
At MBK, we believe passionately in a holistic approach to sustainable wellness. Our MBK Mind+Body Wellness calendar is created to provide an engaging variety of classes, conversations, cultural outings, and celebrations to encourage a healthy body, active mind, and creative spirit. Scientific research points to the importance of linking our physical, emotional, and intellectual selves to feel our best. Our calendar reflects a program of continual training from the home office, but most important, it reflects the desires of our own Independent Living residents. Our calendar at Tuscany at McCormick Ranch addresses physical fitness, intellectual stimulation, spiritual growth, and social engagement through the following pillars of the MBK philosophy:
- We are here to establish relationship-based care, which means creating positive relationships where we know our residents not just as people but as individuals.
- We are here to help our residents on their journey to emotional and physical wellness.
- We are to be mindful and present so our residents can experience pure joy in life with meaning and a sense of purpose every day.
For us, being mindful and present means we are attentive to our residents, always listening for ways we can enhance their daily experience.
What Makes Us Unique
Our programs are more than fun get-togethers or activities to keep you busy. They give our residents a reason to wake up in the morning and remind them they contribute to our community. All of our MBK Mind+Body Wellness offerings encompass the Six Dimensions of Wellness to promote the optimal health and wellbeing of each resident – mind and body:
- Accommodation of Needs – MBK Mind+Body Wellness always offers an Accommodation of Needs so that every resident no matter their care level or cognitive ability can take part. We’ll even provide in-room programming so activities can come to you when you need it.
- Empowerment Activities – Our Empowerment Activities give residents a voice and an outlet for self-expression, whether you’d like to join our resident council or dining committee.
- Life Enrichment Programs – Life Enrichment programs engage the mind by connecting residents to the present and reminding them of the past, whether they’re interested in our Lifelong Learning ongoing education courses, or our Life Review offerings designed to stimulate recall.
Get in on the fun at Tuscany at McCormick Ranch. Accept our open invitation to play, create, learn, and celebrate with us at our Independent Living community in Scottsdale, AZ.
Our Calendar of Events
What’s on the agenda today? Our events calendar is filled to the brim with exercise classes, intellectual stimulation, and opportunities for meditation and reflection. Expand your horizons with a new skill or practice a favorite hobby. The choice is yours, whether you opt to hop from one thing to the next or prefer to spend a relaxing hour on your patio with a good book.
- Paint Box Club
- Afternoon Matinee
- Scottsdale Philharmonic
- Happy Hour with Live Music
- Religious Services
- Current Events
- Spanish Club
- Brain Teasers
- Book Club
- Mah Jong
- Balance Yoga
- Strength Training
- Bend & Stretch
- Walking Club
- Putting Tournament
Peruse this month’s MBK Mind+Body Wellness events and activities to see all of the enticing offerings and goings-on at Tuscany at McCormick Ranch.