MBKonnection at Cottonwood Creek
At MBK Senior Living, we believe the good health and wellbeing of our Assisted Living residents depends on a positive interaction of mind and body. Our MBKonnection program combines fun classes, stimulating events, and opportunities for personal growth. We offer a monthly calendar of activities that engage our residents physically, intellectually, and socially. MBKonnection programs reflect recent and relevant scientific research, continual training from our Home Office, and most importantly, the needs and preferences of our residents at Cottonwood Creek. Through the following pillars of the MBK philosophy, we endeavor to connect physical fitness, intellectual sharpness, and social interaction:
- We are here to establish relationship-based care which means creating positive relationships where we know our residents not just as people but as individuals.
- We are here to help our residents on their journey to emotional and physical wellness.
- We are to be mindful and present so that our residents can experience pure joy in life with meaning and a sense of purpose every day.
As a team, it is our goal to create the best environment for each resident to experience meaning, joy, and fulfillment every day.
What Makes Our MBK Community Unique
When you take a look at our monthly calendar of activities and events, it’s easy to see how much care and thought goes into its creation. There’s no busy work or time-wasters on the agenda. Our classes, outings, and opportunities are designed for living, learning, and a sense of genuine purpose. MBK offerings honor the Six Dimensions of Wellness to promote optimal wellbeing for all residents, with the following guideposts:
- Accommodation of Needs – MBKonnection always offers an Accommodation of Needs so that every resident, no matter their care level or cognitive ability, can take part as they wish. We even provide in-room programming, bringing activities to you if you need it.
- Empowerment Activities – Empowerment Activities, such as resident council or dining committee, give residents a voice and an outlet for self-expression.
- Life Enrichment Programs – Life Enrichment programs such as Lifelong Learning ongoing education courses and Life Review engage and stimulate the mind by connecting residents to the present and linking to the past.
You are welcome to join in on the fun at Cottonwood Creek, and experience our vibrant community in person.
Our Calendar of Events
Residents can choose to participate in a diverse array of happenings every day of the month, from a shopping trip to Fashion Place Mall to a Tai Chi class or a lively TED Talk and discussion. Spend time with a familiar hobby or expand your horizons with something new. Make the day your own at Cottonwood Creek.
Happy Heart & Spirit
- Breakfast Outings
- Wine & Cheese Tastings
- Family Home Evening
- Bible Study
- Relaxation Music
- Current Events
- TED Talks
- Debate & Discussion
- Resident Council
Fitness & Health
- Water Aerobics
- Fitness Class
- Tai Chi
- Smart Steps
- Walking Group