Living well comes standard when you make your home at Highland Glen. Our Highland, UT, senior living community near Alpine emphasizes the connection between the the strength of the mind and the strength of the body. That belief in the mind-body connection sets us apart from other senior living communities. Scientific research continues to show that the health of the mind and body are linked. We believe the best way to encourage health and wellness is to nurture both. That’s why our MBKonnection calendars offer classes and activities built upon that foundation of research and expertise, as well as the input of our community members. In addition to physical fitness and intellectual pursuits, we put an emphasis on spiritual health and social engagement. The MBKonnection philosophy states that:
- We are here to establish relationship-based care, which means creating positive relationships where we know our residents not just as people but as individuals.
- We are here to help our residents on their journey to emotional and physical wellness.
- We are to be mindful and present so our residents can experience pure joy in life with meaning and a sense of purpose every day.
Our Unique Programming
At Highland Glen, we want our residents to fill their days with activities they find meaningful. To help make that happen, we create calendars based around cutting-edge research in senior health and wellness as well as the hobbies and interests of our residents. We strive to embody the Six Dimensions of Wellness in order to maximize the mind-body connection of each resident. Highlights include:
- Accommodation of Needs – Our senior care professionals believe in Accommodation of Needs, meaning we tailor care to an individual’s skill and cognitive ability. We are happy to provide assistance during activities as well as in-room programming as needed.
- Empowerment Activities – Find purpose and meaning through regular Empowerment Activities. Residents can use their voices to get involved with community affairs by joining groups such as the resident council or dining committee.
- Life Enrichment Programs – Our Life Enrichment programs help residents participate in the present by encouraging memory recall, stimulating the senses, and engaging in ongoing learning courses.
Contact the Highland Glen team today to learn more about our MBKonnection programs. You can stop by and participate in our classes and programming to experience them for yourself.
Our Calendar of Events
The Highland Glen calendar is packed with activities crafted for our community and residents. Try something new or stick to your favorites. Whether you want to explore your creative side, learn about a new subject, or enjoy a community outing, you can fill your day with programs you are sure to enjoy.
Active Mind/Active Spirit
- Arts & Crafts
- Nail Painting
- Mindful Meditation
- Movie Night
- Lifelong Learning Classes
- Community Trivia
- Game Night
- Scripture Study
- Current Event Discussions
- Walking Club
- Movin’ and Groovin’
- Balance and Strength
- Fitness Classes
- Community Gardening
Contact the caring team at Highland Glen today to schedule your personalized tour.