MBK Mind+Body Wellness at The Charleston at Cedar Hills
The MBK Senior Living philosophy embraces the idea that a strong mind and nourished body contribute to more robust physical wellbeing. MBK Mind+Body Wellness is our signature program for wellness and enrichment, composed of activities, classes, and events designed to engage, inspire, and uplift the body and mind. Our Assisted Living monthly calendar at The Charleston at Cedar Hills is packed with activities that reflect our respect for the latest and most relevant research, ongoing training from the Home Office, and the specific needs and preferences of our own Cedar Hills residents. The following pillars illustrate how we at MBK address the physical, social, spiritual, and intellectual needs of our residents:
- We are here to establish relationship-based care which means creating positive relationships where we know our residents not just as people but as individuals.
- We are here to help our residents on their journey to emotional and physical wellness.
- We are to be mindful and present so that our residents can experience pure joy in life with meaning and a sense of purpose every day.
We are always listening and paying attention so that we may provide abundant opportunities for every individual to experience meaning, purpose, and joy each day at The Charleston at Cedar Hills.
What Sets MBK Apart
The activities and events on our MBK Mind+Body Wellness calendar offer much more than a way to pass the time. Classes, get-togethers, volunteer projects, and outings bring a way to enjoy the day with a renewed perspective. Our offerings are inspired by the Six Dimensions of Wellness and are designed to promote good health and optimal wellbeing, body and mind.
- Accommodation of Needs – MBK Mind+Body Wellness always offers an Accommodation of Needs so that every resident, no matter their care level or cognitive ability, can take part as they wish. We even provide in-room programming, bringing activities to you if you need it.
- Empowerment Activities – Our Empowerment Activities, including resident council and dining committee, give residents a voice and an outlet for self-expression.
- Life Enrichment Programs – Life Enrichment programs, such as our Lifelong Learning ongoing education courses and Life Review, engage and stimulate the mind by connecting residents to the present and linking to the past.
Please feel free to join in on the fun! There’s no better way to get a sense of our vibrant community that to participate in a class or event. Contact The Charleston at Cedar Hills to schedule a visit.
Our Calendar of Events
Our monthly Assisted Living calendar is filled to the brim with ways to connect with friends, share a talent, learn a new skill, and enjoy all the day has to offer. From LDS Church services and Inspiring Stories to shopping trips and a Sunday stroll, there’s ample opportunity to expand one’s horizons at The Charleston at Cedar Hills.
Creative Mind/Active Spirit
- Church Services
- Relaxing Music & Meditation
- Minding Motion
- Art Academy
- Scenic Drive
- Escape with a Book
- News & Lemonade
- Front Porch Travelers
- Donuts & Dominoes
- Movie Night
Fitness & Wellness
- Movin’ & Groovin’
- Walking Club
- Gym Time
- Take a Stroll Outside
- Scooter Rodeo
View this month’s calendar to see what’s coming up at The Charleston at Cedar Hills in Cedar Hills, UT.