Wellness and Resident Enrichment
At MBK Senior Living, we believe what is good for the body is good for the mind. We call this the Mind Body Konnection.
- We are here to establish relationship based service and care.
- This means creating positive relationships where we know our residents not just as a person but as an individual.
- We are here to help our residents maintain their physical health and stay connected to their family and their favorite memories and past times.
- We are to be mindful and present so our residents can experience pure joy in life with meaning and a sense of purpose every day.
Building on the substantial body of scientific research illuminating the mind-body connection to health and well-being, our Mind Body Konnection wellness approach provides residents the opportunity to choose from a number of activities, classes and programs that enrich the whole person - mind, body and spirit. Our diverse and evolving MBKonnection calendar is designed with the specific preferences and needs of the residents living at Crystal Terrace of Klamath Falls. Our Director of Activities is trained and supported by experienced Home Office specialists who are adept at developing and implementing innovative whole person wellness programming for individual's diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia.
View our MBK Blog for additional resources regarding activities and programming for seniors.
What Makes Us Unique
Our programs are more than fun get-togethers or activities to keep you busy. They give our residents a reason to wake up in the morning and remind them they contribute to our community. All of our MBKonnection offerings encompass the Six Dimensions of Wellness to promote the optimal health and wellbeing of each resident – mind and body:
- Accommodation of Needs – MBKonnection always offers an Accommodation of Needs so that every resident no matter their care level or cognitive ability can take part. We’ll even provide in-room programming so activities can come to you when you need it.
- Empowerment Activities – Our Empowerment Activities give residents a voice and an outlet for self-expression, whether you’d like to join our resident council or dining committee.
- Life Enrichment Programs – Life Enrichment programs engage the mind by connecting residents to the present and reminding them of the past, whether they’re interested in our Lifelong Learning ongoing education courses, or our Life Review offerings designed to stimulate recall.
Ready for more than just a taste of our offerings? Our MBKonnection program is best experienced in person. Join us for one of our many classes and programs to see them firsthand.
Our Calendar of Events
Calendars for our Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Connections for Living communities are filled to the brim with inviting, engaging, and entertaining daily activities and events. Residents can expand their horizons and infuse their day with energy through a host of meaningful opportunities.
Active Mind/Active Spirit
- Watercolor & Oil Painting
- Laughter Yoga
- Armchair Travel
- Tai Chi
- Uplift Hour
- Hot Topics Discussion
- Brain Buzz
- Blackjack, Pinochle, & Poker Games
- Jeopardy! Trivia
- TED Talk Debates
- Senior Strong Workout
- Water Aerobics
- Bocce Ball
- Morning Stretch
- Sunday Stroll
Peruse the events calendar to see the range of activities and outings in store this month at Crystal Terrace of Klamath Falls.