Our MBK communities place a strong emphasis on the connection between mind and body. We connect to one another with a relationship-based approach to service and care, and we connect to our best selves through a holistic program of events and activities we call MBKonnection. Our philosophy is rooted in the belief that a strong body supports a healthy mind, which in turn nourishes the spirit. Our monthly calendar offers opportunities for physical fitness and flexibility, intellectual stimulation, and meaningful social and cultural engagement. Each class and gathering reflects our attention to the latest and most relevant research, continual training from the Home Office, and the desires and interests of our residents. The following pillars serve as a guideline for creating a calendar that supports all-around wellness:
- We are here to establish relationship-based care which means creating positive relationships where we know our residents not just as people but as individuals.
- We are here to help our residents on their journey to emotional and physical wellness.
- We are to be mindful and present so our residents can experience pure joy in life with meaning and a sense of purpose every day.
Close attention and respect for our residents’ life stories and goals are how we get to know our residents well enough to support and enhance the way they choose to live.
The MBK Difference
Residents of Oakmont Gardens make our community their home for multiple reasons, including our resort-like environment and maintenance-free lifestyle. Top of the list for many is the active, energetic ambiance and exhaustive menu of opportunities for fitness, culture, meditation, and fun, all of which adhere to the goals of the Six Dimensions of Wellness to support each individual in body, mind, and spirit:
- Accommodation of Needs – MBKonnection always offers an Accommodation of Needs so that every resident, no matter their care level or cognitive ability, can take part as they wish. We even provide in-room programming, bringing activities to you if you need it.
- Empowerment Activities – Our Empowerment Activities give residents a voice and an outlet for self-expression through opportunities such as our resident council and dining committee.
- Life Enrichment Programs – Life Enrichment programs engage the mind by connecting residents to the present and reminding them of the past, with programming including our Lifelong Learning ongoing education courses and our Life Review offerings, which help encourage recall.
Take an up-close peek of our active community. Get in touch to join in on a class or attend an upcoming event at Oakmont Gardens.
Our Calendar of Events
Our Independent Living and Assisted Living calendars are full of enrichment classes, live music events, exercise sessions, and exciting forays into the greater Santa Rosa community. Explore a sampling of our activities below. Whatever passions and pursuits are most meaningful to you, you’ll find an abundance of offerings designed to delight and inspire.
Active Mind/Active Spirit
- Meditation Group
- Bible Study
- Happy Hour
- Morning Qi Gong
- Church Transportation
- U.S. History Class
- Book Club
- Music Appreciation
- History of Cinema
- Writing Class
- Exercise Classes
- Morning Walk
- Chair Massage
- Heath Checks
- Local Outings
Peruse our Independent Living and Assisted Living calendars to see a complete list of the activities and events we have in store this month at Oakmont Gardens in Santa Rosa, CA.